Individual registrations are already started for the World Social Forum Free Palestine, to be held from 28 November to 1st December 2012, in Porto Alegre (RS), Brazil. This registration is dedicated to those people who wants to take part at the different activities at the WSF but that are not delegates of organizations.
This is the second phase of registration for the WSF. The first one was opened on 1st October for organizations interested in promoting self organized events/activities. So far, we have more than 100 registered organizations, from more than 20 countries, and around the same number of pre-registered events. Registering an organization (NGO, movements and networks) is a mandatory procedure for registering activities, whose deadline was extended for a few more days until the 22 October (23h59, Brasilia time). If your organization is interesting in promoting activities, check out all procedures to ensure it is done on time.
Registration of organizations that want to organize events, send representatives or delegates must be done through the online form available on the WSF Free Palestine registration website and the payment of the organization registration fee which allows until 5 (five) delegates. Only organizations can register activities. In order to do this, follow the steps below:
a) Register your organization
Access the website http://www.inscricoesfsmpl.rs.gov.br. Select the form "Organization" and, right after, click the button "New organization". Register your organization, wait some minutes, then check your email and click on the link received in order to activate the registration (or copy and paste the link on your web browser). After this confirmation, come back to the registration website and register your activity/event or participants. Note: if this message take too long to arrive, check the SPAM box. Some rare times your server blocks this email. In such cases, register with a different email (type gmail, yahoo, hotmail).
c) Pre-registration of activities/events
A registered organization may propose activity within the axis and general framework of the program. Self-organized activities means that the WSF FP organizing committee will ensure the venue for the activity and be responsible for publicizing the activity on the program of the WSF FP. But the organization who proposes it is responsible for carrying out it, taking care of travel and presence of their speakers and other related measures.
Attention to the deadline! Activities must be pre-registered until 22 October (23h59, Brasilia local time). After the registration, the Organizing Committee will have some days to assess the proposals in face of the available spaces before confirming the activity.
In order to register activities for the WSF-FP, please follow the guideline: after activating registration of your organization, come back to the website http://www.inscricoesfsmpl.rs.gov.br
Select the form "Activities/events" and enter with the email and password used before, to register the organization. Follow the instructions on the screen.
1) Registration of delegates (participants linked to the organization) Each registered organization can also enroll their participants (or delegates). In order to do this, after receiving the email and activating the organization registration, please return to the website and choose the form "Participants linked to the organization". The registration fee for organization allow to register up to five delegates. Additional delegates must pay a fee equivalent to the individual participant.
2. Individual participants
Individual registration gives the right to the participats to take part a the whole WSF Free Palestine program (conferences, workshops and cultural events). In order to register, access the same link http://www.inscricoesfsmpl.rs.gov.br and choose the form “Individual participants”. Fill in the form and wait for the email to activate the registration.
Media professionals who will cover the event may register directly on the website from 16 October on, also informing the media to which they will be covering the event. Those who are interested in take part of the shared coverage must authorize the free reproduction of contents through creative commons or copyleft licenses.
Attention: in order to register media professionals or freelancers, it is compulsory to register first the name of the media vehicle (which can be a digital media as well). In order to do so, please go to the website http://www.inscricoesfsmpl.rs.gov.br and select the form "Press/media vehicle". Register the vehicle, wait some minutes and verify your email with the link to activate the registration. Click on the link or copy-paste it to your browser. After confirmation, come back to the site and register the media or freelancer professional.
Note: if this message take too long to arrive, check the SPAM box. Some rare times your server blocks this email. In such cases, register with a different email (type gmail, yahoo, hotmail).
4. Registration fees
The payment of registration is a political call to self-sustainability of the World Social Forum Free Palestine, and is a contribution of all organizations and individuals participating in its construction.
Aware of the different payment capacities of its participants in a scenario of economic crisis and dwindling resources internationally, the Organizing Committee of the WSF Free Palestine has stipulated different fees that were defined as follows:
Organizations (entitled to up to 5 delegates): R$ 200 (or US$ 100). If your organization is sending more than five delegates, you must add extra R$ 20 (or US$ 10) for each additional delegate
Individuals and additional delegates/participants: R$ 20 (or US$ 10)
Palestinian Refugees: free
Trade union confederations : R$ 2.000-5.000 (US$ 1.000-US$ 2.500), according to ability
5. Frequently Asked Questions
1) Individuals can promote activities at the WSF Free Palestine? No. Only organizations (organizations, movements and networks) previously registered can do so.
2) An activity registered in the program is automatically guaranteed as part of program of the WSF Free Palestine?
No. There will be a deadline for confirmation and dissemination by the Organizing Committee. It is also important to note the deadline for payment of the registration fee of the organization, which in the case of organizations offering activities, is set for November 10.
3) The WSF Organizing Committee offers support for activities registered and confirmed?
The self-organized activities are the responsibility of their proponents. They will be in charge of defining the format, the names of possible speakers, getting the necessary equipment, as well as of recording/keeping the memory of the activity after the event. The Organizing Committee of the World Social Forum Free Palestine (WSF FP) will ensure the venue for the activity and be responsible for publicizing the activity on the site and in the program of the WSF FP.
4) What is a self-managed activity? It is an activity conducted following the principles of the WSF Free Palestine but under responsibility of organization(s) that have registered the event and which define its dynamics and use their own resources to carry it out.
5) Is it possible to merge several activities into one? The Organizing Committee will examine and consult the organizations responsible for the registered activities in order to suggest possible convergences.
6) There will be accommodation and meals for the participants? All expenses for lodging and meals shall be borne by the own participants. The Organizing Committee facilitates the search of accommodation indicating on the site a list of hotels and inexpensive hostels (see list of hotels at http://www.wsfpalestine.net/pt-br/a...). To monitor interest in solidarity accommodation (at the home of the activists in Porto Alegre), send an e-mail to logistics chez wsfpalestine.net indicating in the subject: "solidarity accommodation"
7) Are journalists and media outlets paying registration fees? There is no mandatory fee, but a call for donation to support the sustainability of the WSF Free Palestine.
8) When and how the payment of the registration should be done? Payment for registration can be done now! To pay the registration, follow the guidelines below:
a) Deposit the amount corresponding to the registration fee in the following account:
Banco do Brasil
Branch number: 3344-8
Account number: 23447-8
CUT FSM PALESTINA LIVRE
Organization responsible: CUT - Central Única dos Trabalhadores Address: Rua Caetano Pinto no 575 – Brás - São Paulo SP - Brasil - cep: 03041-000
IBAN: International Bank Account Number: 001334480000234478
Código Swift: BRASBRRJOCO
Alternatively, the registration fee for foreigners can be paid via a bank deposit to the Banco do Brasil upon your arrival to Porto Alegre. The proof of payment can be presented during the accreditation or in the days before, at the WSF Free Palestine office.
b) Send a fax to +55 11 2108 9310 or to the email registration chez wsfpalestine.net with a copy of proof deposit, specifying your registration number given above, on the subject of this message. Bring your proof of the bank deposit because it will be asked for during the accreditation. Note: there is no possibility of reimbursing registration fees.
Visit the WSF program on site www.wsfpalestine.net
Communication: prensa chez wsfpalestine.net
National Executive Secretariat: secretaria.fspl chez gmail.com : (11) 2108-9299
Local Secretariat: tel poa chez wsfpalestine.net.: (51) 32213521
Palestinian Organizing Committee: samahd chez pngo.net
International Committee: feroz chez alternatives-international.net
hashtag: #wsfpalestine 4