To be a Ciranda author
Enter the site http://www.ciranda.net
Click on Login at the top of the page
Fill in your name (as you would like to sign your publications) and email. Send. You will receive your login and password by email (afterwards, if you wish you can change the password and provide more details about yourself).
Now you have a login, password and an author’s page where your published articles will be listed.
To insert content
Enter the site http://www.ciranda.net
Click on Login or Private Area
Fill in your login and password, and you will have access to your work area
FIRST STAGE OF PUBLICATION
Choose the language in which you will work (you only need to do this the first time, or when you want to change language)
In the inner part of the page, you will find the folders of the available sections of Ciranda (Brazil, Mundi or WSF). Choose one of them and, if necessary, a subfolder (for example Communication, in Brazil, or Americas, in Mundi).
Finally, look at the bottom of the page, inside the chosen section, for the icon ’Write a new article’
Fill in the following fields:
Top title: 1 word or phrase that helps indicate or localise the topic (example: Human Rights or Towards Senegal, or even the name of the place or event. This field is optional).
Title: Use ca. 50 characters (this can vary)
Subtitle: Not necessary
Section: Confirm that the section chosen is correct. Otherwise, click on the magnifying glass, then on the correct section, and finally ’Select’.
Brief description: Use ca. 100 characters (the text in this field will also appear on the front page or the table of contents
Standfirst: It is not necessary to fill this in but you can insert some information about an image used or an introductory phrase or title
Hyperlink: (insert below details of the site where the article was originally published, where this is the case, or link to files of the article published in other locations)
Title: Title of the site or file published on another site
URL: Link to the site or the file published on another site
Text: Publish the article, maintaining an interval of 1 line between paragraphs (or the text will be blocked). Use the editing resources in the top row. Select the snippet of text to be underlined and click on B (bold) or i (italics) or SPIP (to insert a link, beginning with http://)
Postscript: When dealing with video, copy the original embedding code and paste in this field. Also use this to insert addresses for audio material. Otherwise, leave this field blank.
Save: Click here when the details of the text are complete and continue to the next phase.
SECOND STAGE OF PUBLICATION (AFTER SAVING THE TEXT): REVISE, TRANSLATE AND ILLUSTRATE
1. General – Confirm that the title, author, and contents are correct (otherwise return to the text by clicking on the icon ’Modify this article’ to the right at the top of the article, and make the corrections.
2. Authors: If you are not the author of the article, correct this: Click on the author field and insert the name of the correct author, by doing a search. In case this person is not yet a Ciranda author, you need to click on Create a new author and insert the person’s details: name, email and site (if applicable) and bibliographical details, if you have reliable information). Delete your name or any other that appears by mistake in this field during the accreditation. Whenever you insert a text by another person you must inform them by email and make any modifications that they request. Texts that are not authorised for copyleft use or by a Creative Commons licence cannot be inserted. All texts published on Ciranda can be freely reproduced.
3. Keywords – When clicking on this field you will have access to various groups of keywords, which correspond to editorial sections or site locators (Example: Feminism in Brazil, or Cochabamba in Countries, cities and places [Paises, cidades, lugares]). Choose a maximum of two keywords, to avoid your text having to be checked by several editors before publication, which will slow the process.
LANGUAGE AND TRANSLATIONS
1. Language – Confirm that the reference language for the article is correct. If not, correct it. Articles published with the language mixed up will not appear on the correct pages, hindering the reader. In case you have a translation, click also on ’Write a new translation of this article’. You will have access to a copy of your text, which must be replaced by the translation. Fill in the other fields, as in the initial article, and click on the correct language for the translation, so that the readers have access to this option.
IMAGES AND ATTACHMENTS
1. INCLUDE A DOCUMENT (or photos) – Use this field, which appears at the end of the article after you have saved it, to insert document files or photos at the end of the text. You will have the option to add a title or caption to what you have inserted.
2. FEATURED PHOTO – The cover photo must first be saved on your computer and afterwards inserted in the field ARTICLE’S LOGO to the left of the article (appears after you have saved the article)
3. PHOTO IN THE MIDDLE OF THE TEXT – Click on the icon Modify this article on the top right and return to the editing area where the text was inserted. On the left, at the top, click on Add an image or a document and transfer the files you want, already saved on your computer. To each file there will be a corresponding code, which must be inserted in the text where the image or icon is to appear. Work with file sizes appropriate for the Internet, or the reading of your text will be compromised by the excess weight of the file. When you have completed this phase of illustrating the article, click again on Save, at the end of the area for inserting the text.
4. IMAGE GALLERY – To create an image gallery, you can work in the first stage (by inserting files on the left hand side and moving their codes to the text field), or in the second stage (after saving the file with a title and description of the gallery, use the bottom field in the work area to insert a sequence of photos).
SENDING TO THE EDITORS
Now that you have inserted your text or gallery, the attachments or illustrations that you chose, it is time to submit the text for publication. Look on the left hand side of the work area, above the featured image that you transferred, for the status options for the article: editing in progress, the text remains in your work area for as long as you like, until the work is completed. But in order to publish, change this. Click on the field: Submitted for evaluation. You may also take on editorial responsibilities in Ciranda, as you move on to collaborate in a permanent manner, respecting the criteria for publication and the Charter of Principles of the WSF, and participate in the collective dynamics with other editors, helping to organised shared coverage of events or themes of the WSF process.
TRANSLATED BY HILDE STEPHANSEN